Colee Hammock Park – 8am TUESDAYS & Saturdays
Join us for a by-donation class at this beautiful park in Old Fort Lauderdale every Tuesday and Saturday at 8am
Please note that there will be no class from Tuesday May 18 through Tuesday May 25 as we will be out of town. Remember, you can always practice at home with our free audios and complementary short videos
Must sign and submit online WAIVER AND RELEASE FORM before attending
- Weather cancelations are posted on this page by 7am on day of class.
- If there is no cancelation posted here, we will be at the park ⇢ feel free to text us at 954.525.7726.
Classes are an hour and a half long and are open to all levels, including beginners. First-timers, please arrive at least 15 minutes early to meet the teacher and get set up. Let the teacher know if you have any medical conditions, injuries or other concerns.
We practice Classical Hatha Yoga in the Sivananda tradition, with pranayama (breathing exercises), asanas (yoga postures) and relaxation. Classes are non-competitive and accessible enough for beginners while more advanced students are encouraged to challenge themselves. All students are encouraged and expected to practice at their own personal safe and comfortable level.
Yoga outdoors is the safest way to practice Yoga together in pandemic times because of open-air dilution and the sun’s ultra-violet light. Taking our practice outdoors is also traditional, and connects us to the ancient forest sages who passed down the profound teachings of Yoga and Vedanta.
Please note: For now, classes will not include Kapalabhati Breathing although it is highly recommended that you practice this powerful lung cleaning and strengthening technique on your own. Here is a short instructional video. The full practice is included in our Yoga Warehouse 2 Go class recordings, available for free streaming or downloading.
(If you have an existing Yoga Warehouse class card, please contact us.)
PARK YOGA TIPS
- Bring a large sheet, picnic blanket or something similar to put under your Yoga mat because the grass is usually damp in the morning. We recommend a 6’x9′ waterproof canvas drop cloth (one side has a plastic coating) for a roomy, dry, clean practice space, available from Amazon or Home Depot.
- Wear comfortable, non-binding, weather-appropriate clothing
- Use insect repellent sparingly, if at all, as others may be sensitive
- Please note there are no bathrooms at this park.
Schedule an appointment for a 90-minute outdoor class with an experienced teacher. Price $120 for 1 or 2 students. Call, text or email for information.
Regular classes are not appropriate and not open to pregnant students. Prenatal classes with an experienced teacher are available as private classes only. Please call to schedule an appointment or for more information.