Colee Hammock Park – 8AM SaturdayS
Join us for a by-donation class at this beautiful riverside park, every Saturday at 8am
Must sign and submit online WAIVER AND RELEASE FORM before attending
- WEATHER CANCELATIONS ARE POSTED ON THIS PAGE BY 7AM ON DAY OF CLASS.
- If there is no cancelation posted here, we will be at the park ⇢ feel free to text us at 954.525.7726.
- We accept cash, personal checks, Venmo and IOUs 😉 (Venmo user name @ywyogis or search for “Yoga Warehouse” — you will find the Om symbol)
Classes are an hour and a half long and are open to all levels, including beginners. First-timers, please arrive at least 15 minutes early to meet the teacher and get set up. Let the teacher know if you have any medical conditions, injuries or other concerns.
We practice Classical Hatha Yoga in the Sivananda tradition, with pranayama (breathing exercises), asanas (yoga postures) and relaxation. Classes are non-competitive and accessible enough for beginners while more advanced students are encouraged to challenge themselves. All students are encouraged and expected to practice at their own personal safe and comfortable level.
Taking our practice outdoors is traditional, and connects us to the ancient forest sages who passed down the profound teachings of Yoga and Vedanta. Outdoors is also a healthy place to practice together because of open-air dilution and the sun’s ultra-violet light. Jai to fresh morning air!
If you can’t make it to class at the park, you can schedule a private class (see below) or practice on your own with our Yoga Warehouse 2 Go class recordings, available for free streaming or downloading.
PARK YOGA TIPS
- Bring a large sheet, picnic blanket or something similar to put under your Yoga mat because the grass is usually damp in the morning. We recommend a 6’x9′ waterproof canvas drop cloth (one side has a plastic coating) for a roomy, dry, clean practice space, available from Amazon or Home Depot.
- Wear comfortable, non-binding, weather-appropriate clothing.
- Use insect repellent sparingly, if at all, as others may be sensitive.
- Please note there are no bathrooms at this park.
Schedule an appointment for a 90-minute class with an experienced teacher. Price $100 for 90 minutes (same price for 1 or 2 students).
PRIVATE GROUP CLASSES
Do you have a group of friends or family who would benefit from Yoga practice? Try a 90-minute private session for only $120 for up to six students.
Regular classes are not appropriate and not open to pregnant students. Prenatal classes with an experienced teacher are available as private classes only.
Please call or text us at 954-525-7726 to schedule an appointment or for more information.